So I just realized last week that I was about to write Post #2000. And today is the day! Wow - that seems like a bunch of posts. I started my blog 6 and a half YEARS ago. I honestly never thought anyone would read it beyond my mom and a few of my friends. I never dreamed in a million years that I would have a lot of readers. I never dreamed God would allow me to do big things with this little real estate on the internet. But I'm SO thankful.
I want to tell each of you who come here and read my boring stories about my little life and leave me (mostly) kind comments and write me encouraging emails and tweet me - THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! I feel like I have an amazing community here. You have prayed for my family, you have given me words of wisdom and most importantly - you have prayed for and encouraged the others who come here to visit! I love it! I am VERY humbled by you! My only goal with this blog besides recording my memories is to make Jesus known and to give Him glory in all I do. I want to be salt and light for Him. I mess up - but I'll keep trying.
So I thought I would share a little journey of this blog and what has happened over 2000 posts .........
- This was my first post. http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2006/03/march-madness.html My first posts tended to be about one paragraph and not too interesting. ha!
- In July 2006 I had a miscarriage. We weren't sharing that we were trying and that was the beginning of our journey to have a child. I wrote this post without sharing the details. http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2006/07/i-have-gone-through-something-this.html
- I began to write more openly blog about our struggle with infertility - here are a few posts I wrote: http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2008/02/hit-me-with-your-best-shot.html, http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2008/01/its-been-hard-day.html
- Here is the post where we announced we were pregnant with Harper - it was so fun to share because so many of you had encouraged me and prayed for me as we waited for a baby! http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2008/06/tis-so-sweet-to-trust-in-jesus.html
- Most of you began to read here when Harper was born and I'll never be able to thank you enough for praying for her. She was born very very sick and had a very rough start to life. If you want to read more - you can start here on her story and then just keep going - we were in the NICU a month. Thankfully she came home healthy and we are forever grateful. http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2009/01/please-pray.html
- One of the BEST experiences I've had through blogging is traveling with Compassion International to share about them through my blog and to help poverty one step at a time by encouraging YOU to sponsor kids! That's my #1 favorite thing that has come out of blogging. In 2009 I went to El Salvador and in 2011 I went to Ecuador with two groups of AMAZING bloggers (including Boomama, Big Mama, Shaun Groves, Ann Voskamp, Amanda Jones (Beth Moore's Daughter), Heather Whittaker and Molly Piper (John Piper's DIL). How I found myself in the company of any of these people blows my mind. I honestly had to pinch myself a few times when I realized I was on a boat on the Amazon River with these famous speakers and singers and authors who all share this common goal of seeing poverty end. http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2011/11/king-of-jungle.html and http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2009/11/el-salvador-day-2.html
- In 2009 I started the little "show us your life" series. It has been a fun Link up party to do on Fridays but my #2 favorite thing to come from blogging has been the four Single Days we have had. I love that FIVE couples are now married or engaged and at least four more couples are planning to get married. Seriously - nine couples meeting on this silly mom blog? Completely nuts and completely awesome. http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2012/07/five-love-stories.html
- A huge blessing in our life was having a surprise baby Hollis! She has blessed our lives so much and it was fun to share my pregnancy and her life with you! http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2011/03/hollis-birthday.html
You have blessed me more than you know!