Well - it's the end of another year.
And I feel the need for an Obligatory End of Year Post.
So here are some of my TOP FIVES for 2013:
According to Blogger - these were my top Five Posts (according to views):
1. Talking Regional Differences (I LOVE this one FIVE TIMES over!! So fun!)
2. Talking Non Christian Friends (This was an interesting one for me)
3. Hairy Issue (I mean - who doesn't like talking hair?)
4. What do I do about? (This was a great chance to ask and get advice - NOT from me!)
5. Vacation (Suggestions on places to go)
And what's fun is that these posts were all the "caffeine talks" I did - so maybe I need to do more of these - I think they were good for interaction and discussion!!!
My Top Five Moments of the Year: (and this is hard to narrow down - I've had so many wonderful moments in 2013)
Okay - so maybe more like 8 or 9
(these are in no particular order - I scanned through my Instagram to see my year at a glance!)
My Top Five Songs for the Year
I love music - it inspires me and speaks to me. I like to listen to pop music and even a little country some but I mostly listen to worship music. I feel so close to God when I sing to Him. And these were the 5 songs that moved me the most this year:
1. Oceans by Hillsong (this song is just my theme for the year)
2. One thing Remains by Kristian Stanfill This has just been on repeat for me all year
3. Great are you Lord by All sons and Daughters (here is where I need to tell you that I'm so obsessed with this duo right now. I am listening to them over and over and over. Every song is more worshipful than the last)
4. Called me higher by All sons and Daughters (this my theme for 2014)
5. Waiting here for you by Christy Nockels
Top Five Things I've learned This Year:
1. Age is just a number. Be thankful for every year, every month, every breath you are given.
2. Life is Short. Life is SOOOOO Short. This life is just a VAPOR. I've been to more funerals in the last year than I have in the last five years combined. Make your life count. Every moment. Don't wait for things to happen to experience joy. Don't wait for that husband, or kids, or retirement, or a better job to RELISH LIFE! We only get one chance.
3. All that matters to me is my faith. Period. All that matters to me is knowing Jesus and making His name known. As Rick Warren said recently - "I fear more the disapproval of God than I do the disapproval of men". I have a passion for people to know Him. That's not popular but I don't want to be popular. I want to be faithful.
4. No one has a perfect life. Everyone has things behind closed doors that you don't know about. Be kind. Be encouraging. Speak words of blessings. Be understanding. Forgive easily. Don't hold grudges. Life is too short for that.
5. The What Ifs of Worry are a disease that can eat you alive. I have struggled with so much anxiety in the last few years worrying about things I have no idea will ever happen. God is in Control.
2013 was a year full of so many wonderful things but also a lot of loss and sorrow. I'm praying I will be more intentional with 2014 and just treasure each moment!