Friday, March 01, 2013

Show Us Your Life - A DAY IN THE LIFE

Today is A Day in the Life.  

If you have ever done a day in the life post - link it up and we can read what really goes on in other homes! :-) 

I decided to do this on Tuesday because it was the most normal day of our week. I didn't want to do a MDO day and Thursday was full of appointments.  

So here we go - this will be long and boring so gear up! 

I woke up early at 6:30 (my alarm was set for 6:45).  I got up and had my quiet time. I have tried so hard lately to have a quiet time in the morning and it seems to be making such a difference. I'm reading through the Bible and I'm very slow so I'm just now finishing Exodus. But I'm doing it.  

While I was having my quiet time - I looked outside and it started snowing huge flakes.  We had Bible Study that morning so I started trying to figure out what to do but after about 30 minutes - the roads were covered so we actually decided to cancel and I had to quickly put it on the church website and social media to get the word out.  

The girls actually slept late so I hurried and fixed my hair and make up (which lately I don't do a lot when we are home)(I showered the night before) and put on sweats.  I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Hollis got up at 7:45 and Harper got up at 8:30.  

I ran the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen and started laundry.  My little helper Hollis likes to help me with both of these chores. 

Then we made the beds. Hollis likes to help me with all the pillows. 

By now it had stopped snowing so we got dressed to play outside. My girls would NOT keep hats on.  By the way -when did Harper turn 10? She looks so old.  We played outside for about 30 minutes.

The girls loved getting to play in the snow. 

We came inside and dried off.  By now it was 9:45.  The girls love to color.  They colored for about 30 minutes and then did play dough for another 30 minutes.  While they did this - I did some extra cleaning and worked on laundry.  

From 11 - 11:30 the girls basically did a lot of whining and fussing while I tried to stall eating lunch too early. ha! We ate lunch around 11:30.  After lunch they helped me clean up and vacuum the rug under their table - which needs to be done at least once a day.  

Scott comes home for lunch every day around 12.  He looks so mad in this picture but he's not. He was actually laughing but he likes to put on a mad face every time I try to take his picture.  He will be SO mad at me (for real) for saying this but he has been working so hard and has lost over 40 lbs.  I'm so proud of him!  He usually eats lunch and watches an episode of "24" on netflix. And the girls LOVE him coming home. (so do I!)

 I let the girls play with ice in bowls - which is their favorite activity.  After about 20 minutes it turned to screaming and crying and that was my signal that it was naptime.  I got both girls in their rooms around 12:45.  Hollis naps and Harper watches a movie on our iPad.  It gives me a little quiet time.  I usually use that time to blog, answer emails, take care of miscellaneous stuff or fold laundry.  Or sometimes I just sit and watch a show on netflix.

After the girls got up - I had been in the house long enough and roads were clear so we got in the car in our Pj's and hit Happy Hour.  

Dawson went with us.  He likes to get out when he can! 

3:30 - 5:30 is the worst time of day for us.  Especially if we have been home all day.  My girls aren't big on playing with toys or in their rooms so it's just a LONG span of time.  Basically there is a lot of fussing, whining, fighting and crying that goes on.  I try to find activities to keep us all busy. 

I started cooking dinner about 4:30.  The girls are usually hungry by 4:30 because I don't like them to eat a lot of snacks.  Most nights we eat around 5 and then Scott eats when he gets home at 6.  Sometimes we all eat together but it's hard to ward off the hungry children until 6. ha! 

I made this for dinner.  It was interesting but good. 

After dinner - we start baths.  The girls take a bath together and they like to play.  They usually get out and get their PJ's on and like to play a little and around 7 I start working on getting them to bed.  Hollis goes to bed around 7:30 and Harper usually hangs out with us until 8:30 or so. 

Once they are in bed - I try to get things done and then watch a TV show or read. I stay up WAY too late most nights. I seem to get a second wind about 8 and usually stay up until at least 11.

And that's the exciting day in the life of me!

blog comments powered by Disqus