I found out this weekend that my high school class is having our 20th class reunion................in 6 weeks. That doesn't give me much time to lose 30 lbs and erase the wrinkles from my face. ha! I wasn't sure if we were going to have one but I'm so excited to go!
I think back to how lucky I was to live in a small town and graduate when I did. I don't feel like we had ANY of the pressures that kids today face. Nobody seemed to care who had money and who didn't or what brand of clothes you wore or what car you drove. Good thing because I cruised around in my parent's mini van and wore off brand jeans. Maybe I've just forgotten - but it seemed pretty Mayberry-ish to me.
Did you go to high school in the early 90's? If so - then you might identify with having HUGE hair. We would hold our hair out on the sides and spray hair spray on it and then hold the blow dryer on it to keep it out. And my bangs could bounce concrete off them. We tight rolled our jeans and wore swatch watches and Esprit sweaters. We watched "90210" and "Fresh Prince of Bel Air". We didn't have cell phones - I would have to call my parents from the pay phone inside the gym after ball games or from a friend's home phone. We didn't have internet or facebook or twitter or blogs. (I'm sort of glad - aren't you?) We learned to type on typewriters and used those for papers in school.
I found the top 20 songs from 1991 and it makes me smile because I remember every one of these songs and they take me back to dances at school or just cruising town. These songs will always make me feel young. When I'm 65 - I might just roll down the windows and wave my arms around to "Unbelievable" if I hear it on the radio! Or break out a little running man to "Gonna make you sweat"
1. (Everything I Do) I Do It for You, Bryan Adams
2. I Wanna Sex You Up, Color Me Badd
3. Gonna Make You Sweat, C+C Music Factory
4. Rush, Rush, Paula Abdul
5. One More Try, Timmy T
6. Unbelievable, EMF
7. More Than Words, Extreme
8. I Like the Way (The Kissing Game), Hi-Five
9. The First Time, Surface
10. Baby, Baby, Amy Grant
11. Motownphilly, Boyz II Men
12. Because I Love You (The Postman Song), Stevie B
13. Someday, Mariah Carey
14. High Enough, Damn Yankees
15. From a Distance, Bette Midler
16. All the Man That I Need, Whitney Houston
17. Right Here Right Now, Jesus Jones
18. I Adore Mi Amor, Color Me Badd
19. Love Will Never Do (Without You), Janet Jackson
20. Good Vibrations, Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch Featuring Loleatta Holloway
Anyone out there from the class of 91? Or 90 or 92? What are your favorite high school memories??? And how on earth has it been 20 years??? I still feel 18 in my head!