Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Week in the Life - Day One

Okay - here we go. Sunday through Thursday of this week I'm going to document our days. All of it. This will be SO mundane and boring for most of you but I will enjoy looking back to see how we spent our days when my girls were 2.5 and 3 months.

Sundays are crazy days. It's always a struggle to get us all dressed and out the door early. We have to leave for church a little before 9 most Sundays. Some weeks we help with baptisms and we have to leave around 8:15. This was a 9:00 day. My alarm clock went off at 7. I had it set for 6:30 but I went to bed late and Hollis got up a couple of times and I changed it in the middle of the night. I jumped up and quickly showered and got ready. I always know I'm on borrowed time.
Most days Harper is up between 6:30 and 7 but she has been sleeping more lately and she didn't get up until 8 today! So I was able to get ready, pack their church bags and clean up the kitchen before they got up.

I also made our bed. Our house is usually pretty neat and clean but the one thing I'm completely obsessive about is making beds. I can't stand an un-made bed. I could have the stomach flu or we could be snowed in for a week - and I still have to have the beds made first thing. No matter what. I know - weird.
Harper got up and ate breakfast. She LOVES oatmeal. She wants it every morning for breakfast and would eat it for lunch and dinner too. She was hungry this morning and ate a bowl of oatmeal and a thing of yogurt. She has always loved Mickey Mouse and Elmo but now we have moved on to Barney and Veggie Tales. This morning we watched Veggie Tales while she ate her breakfast.
While she ate - I fed Hollis and then got her dressed.
Then I dressed Harper and asked her if I could take her picture with her "sissy". (That's what she calls Hollis 99% of the time). She actually agreed. I just love these sweet girls! We got everyone in the car and headed to church. Harper went to the nursery - which she LOVES. I kept Hollis with us. She has gone a couple of times but she is still SO good and easy that I just prefer to keep her with me for now.

Church was so good. The music was great and we had a good sermon. Laurie and I helped in the nursery during
Sunday School. It was easy because there were only 4 babies and another lady was with us so we had a great morning. Hollis stayed with me and she did great. I even tried her in the exersauser for a few minutes and she seemed to like it. I guess I need to get ours down from the attic soon!
We used to love going out to eat every Sunday for lunch. That's my favorite thing and we will get back to it one day but for now - we either eat at home or pick up something to take home and eat. It's just easier that way. Harper is usually tired and we don't want to push her by going out. We picked up Braum's today and came home and eat lunch. As soon as we were done - we put Harper down for her nap and Hollis began her nap during lunch (I fed her while we were at church). I ran the dishwasher, started a load of laundry, made a grocery list/meal plan for the week, and uploaded pictures on the computer.

Then Hollis and I ran to Wal-Mart to get groceries. We were out of everything and I didn't want to wait until tonight. Scott was watching "Locked up abroad" episodes and stayed home with Harper. Of course we had to stop at happy hour at Sonic first because a vanilla diet coke makes grocery shopping better!

I came home and unloaded and put up the groceries and the MINUTE I was finished Harper woke up from her nap. She had some snuggle time with daddy while I fed Hollis.
I would say just as I expected that the most challenging thing with two has been trying to nurse Hollis and keep Harper controlled at the same time. It's hard! Thankfully Hollis is on a good schedule and I only have to manage this a few times a day - the other times Harper is asleep or Scott can help.
 I laid Hollis down on a blanket so she could stretch out and roll around and I folded laundry and started dinner.  Scott and Harper watched some more Veggie Tales.
 Dinner was steak fajitas.  After dinner, I fed Hollis and then gave Harper a bath.  We take turns giving Harper her baths.  After her bath - she played in her room a little bit.  Then it was time for bed.  Harper goes to bed between 7:30 and 8 every night.  Once she is in bed, I give Hollis a bath and put her down between 8 and 8:30.
Tonight after the girls are in bed - I plan to finish some more laundry (does it ever end?),  answer emails (I'm sorry that I'm so slow to answer if you have ever emailed me), and maybe just maybe sit down and watch a little TV.  I usually go to bed around 11. I wish I could go earlier but there are just not enough hours in the day.

blog comments powered by Disqus