I've received so many emails lately asking where I shop for Harper's clothes that I decided just to do a blog post on it.
I'll admit I LOVE dressing Harper up. I feel like I've become that mother who doesn't care what she looks like but her child is always dressed to the nines. I just always dreamed of having a little girl and I LOVE picking out her outfit every day. I know it's silly but I also know it's a short window. At some point she is going to want to pick out her own outfits. There will come a time when she is 10 or 15 and will wear things I don't think are so "precious" anymore. I mean what could my mother have been thinking when I wanted to wear my hair like this and wear this ever so flattering outfit in high school? (Yes - that is me)
And of course I love knowing I'm going to have two girls so I know each outfit will get twice the wear which makes me happy.
There are SOOOOO many places to get kid's clothes. But here are some of secrets-
1. I've been lucky to find some well dressed girls whose mom's have let me buy their hand me downs. Every season I buy from a few moms and that has been a huge blessing!
Let me say right here - I wouldn't be a big fan of wearing used clothes but for kids - it is KEY! Especially if you like nice outfits like smocked dresses or holiday outfits. Toddlers are wearing these things once or twice and usually to church and not to roll in the mud - so hand me downs in good brands are always almost like new.
2. That's why I get the MAJORITY of Harper's clothes on ebay. I have a list of brands I love and I just search from time to time to find those brands in Harper's size. I look at lowest price first. You can get wonderful deals and I've had nothing but wonderful experiences.
This is a list of brands I look for-
Castles and Crowns
4. I like to buy off etsy but I don't have favorite sellers - I know a lot of you have asked. I search for personalized or monogrammed outfits or bloomers or bibs.
5. Something I have discovered recently is Zulily.com. They have great deals daily - but you have to be fast - they sell out quickly. I think there are other sites out there like Hautelook.com.
6. I get asked about shoes also. I started out buying cheap shoes from Target or Wal-Mart and quickly realized they need good shoes for support. And then I kind of became a little obsessed with shoes. Here are a few sites that have CUTE shoes for toddlers or kids:
I also love to hit up consignment shops but I'm very picky. I know some of you in bigger towns have consignment sales that are nothing but smocked clothes and higher end brands for MUCH LESS!!! Take advantage of these kind of sales!!
These are just a few ideas for you!
P.S. We've linked up a few times before but if you make kid's clothes - feel free to list you site in the comments!