This week we are going to cover chapters 5 - 8 in "The Antelope in the Living Room". I loved all your comments last week. If you didn't participate last week - please feel free to jump in any time and share your answers. This is such a fun book to discuss.
These were highlights for me from these chapters:
* Love the "young love vs old love" discussed in chapter five. We are definitely in the old love category now. And I'm so thankful.
* Chapter 7 and the topic of money in marriage cracked me up because it was so true. And how Melanie tells Perry that everything she buys cost "$15".
* "There is nothing that will test a marriage like a project". (Ch 8) This is why I don't think Scott and I could ever build or renovate a house. It would be a disaster.
1. Have you ever made a list of qualities you want in your future spouse? What things did you include that ended up not being as important as you originally thought?
I had a LOOOOOONNNNNGGG list I kept in my Bible in college and my 20's of things I wanted in a husband. As the years went on - I think the list got shorter. By the time I met Scott the list was basically "breathing". (just kidding). I did have a ton of frivolous stuff like "plays guitar" and "plays college football" that didn't matter. Scott was different that what I imagined in looks and personality but he is the perfect match for me.
2. What are some things in your life that you feel like you’re waiting on right now? Do you agree that we’re all waiting on something, no matter where we are in life?
Honestly, I feel like for once, I'm NOT waiting on anything. For the last 20 years I waited on a husband or a baby or to get out of the baby stage. Right now, I'm just thrilled to be exactly where I'm at. In fact, I want time to stop, not move on.
3. In Chapter 4, Melanie mentions a list of celebrities she’d be friends with if they ever met. Do you have a list?
I LOVE this question. Melanie had some I would pick like Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Anniston and Kate Winslet. Mine would probably include Drew Barrymore, Reese Witherspoon, Kelly Ripa and Jimmy Fallon.