I'm so excited about this new series that I will be doing here every other Tuesday with 3 of my blogger friends (Blue Eyed Bride, Life in the Green House and Lil Light O' Mine). This is all about encouraging each other in this life!
Today we are talking "Bringing Faith to Life".
I had originally planned to talk about bringing faith to life to my kids. But I kind of wrote about that without thinking about it last week in this post. So I thought I would write about how we can bring our faith to life.
And I have to say first - I'm like Paul in the Bible. I'm the BIGGEST of sinners. I struggle with having a consistent quiet time just like most busy moms. I mess up a lot. But if you know me at all - you know that faith is so important to me - and I want to share just some thoughts on how you can make it more real in your life. (otherwise known as things I'm working on in my own life right now.)
I have been so convicted in the last year that nothing else matters but knowing God and making Him known. Now obviously - I spent a lot of time on just the ordinaries of life: laundry, cooking, changing diapers, paying bills, cleaning house. But I am trying so hard to take every opportunity to pursue knowing God better and to share Him. I figure if I talk about God too much here and you are offended - you don't have to read. So I'm going to keep on with it! :-)
I love this quote that I heard at Dot Mom recently:
So how do you bring faith to life every day?
1. Make time to spend with God. Man - this can be tough when you have little kids that demand your every minute. I'm a late owl and so it's TOUGH for me to get up early. And Hollis is an early bird so beating her up means I have to get up at the CRACK OF DAWN. But lately I have just desperately needed that time with God so I have been making the choice to set an alarm. And it's worth it.
2. Read the Bible. Yes - it can be a little hard to understand. You may think the Bible is boring. Have you read it lately? I'm reading the Old testament - it's crazier than any soap opera or reality show ever thought of being. And it's also amazing how God is weaved through every story and you can see His hand through everything. Seeing the big picture in the Bible shows me that God has a big picture for my life - even when I can't see what He is doing.
3. PRAY - y'all know I'm big on this one. I find myself in a constant state of prayer lately. I just have so much I need to pray for - it happens all day long. Something that is great to do if you aren't - is keep a prayer journal. Write your requests and then record the answers. You will be blown away to see how God hears and answers your prayers. It's not always how you would want and it could take YEARS for answers - but you will see God working. Sometimes I think prayer is more of a journey than a destination. God wants us to pray to develop a relationship with Him. It's through constant prayer that you learn to hear Him and trust Him.
4. Listen to worship music. I like to listen to pop music occasionally. But honestly - I feel like my heart is lighter and my mood is better when I listen to uplifting praise music in the car and throughout the day. And I would rather my girls hear that than what is on the radio these days. I love the fact that I can be worshipping God all through out the day by listening to praise music.
5. Get involved in a church. Serve in the areas you are gifted.
6. Find a Christian mentor. We all need to be discipled - baby Christians or mature Christians. Find someone who helps your walk with the Lord.
7. SHARE. Share your faith. Encourage others. Talk about your love for Jesus. Be a light for Him. This is the most important part. Radiate God's love and you will attract people who want to know Him. We are put on this earth to make God known. We only get one shot at this. It will be too late to witness to that friend once we are in heaven.
I'd love to hear your suggestions/ideas/comments on this subject!
And I'd REALLY love for you to link up! You only have to link up once and it will show up on all four blogs! I'm looking forward to reading your posts!