Harper - you are NINE months old today!
What are you up to these days???
- You weigh 18 lbs and 12 oz (50th percentile)
- You are 28.5 inches long (75th percentile)
- You wear a size 3 diaper
- You are wearing 9 months clothes but I'm putting you in 12 months also
- You just started eating table food - you have tried peaches, pears, bananas, sweet peas, carrots, chicken (hated it), cheese and avocados. You have a GREAT appetite. You eat 3 good solid meals a day and several snacks. You are really only nursing about 3-4 times a day (and several times at night but I'm trying to break you of that).
- You take two naps a day (most days). You will sleep anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Your night sleeping gets better some nights - almost 4-5 hour stretches! And then we will be back to getting up every 1-2 hours a lot of nights. (You have slept through the night 10 & 11 hours the past 2 nights!!!! I'm praying we have turned the corner!)
- You are crawling and exploring EVERYWHERE!
- You are pulling up constantly. You get so excited once you are standing up
- You smile and laugh a LOT!
- You HATE socks and shoes - I have the hardest time keeping anything on your feet - it's going to be a long winter. You rip them off immediately and I spend half my day putting them back on. ha!
- You have suddenly decided you liked to be rocked. You never let me rock you before and now I can't put you in bed without rocking you first. I love it! I wish you would stay this size that fits so perfectly on my lap forever!
- You talk CONSTANTLY. Especially when we are in the car or in a store and you are in your car seat or stroller. You just talk and babble. The only real word you say is "dad-da" but you seem to have a lot to say. I'm sure it won't be long until you are really talking and you will probably never stop!
- When Daddy comes home every day you just kick your feet and squeal or jump up and down. You are a total daddy's girl!
- You love to be on the go. You are SO easy to take shopping or in the car. You are always so content and happy if we are out doing something. You also do so great out in restaurants!
I thought just being pregnant with you and having you in my stomach and feeling you kick was enough fun and joy for a lifetime but the last nine months have been the best of my life.
YOU ARE MY JOY SWEET GIRL!
P.S. Isn't Harper's shirt cute? A friend in my Sunday School class makes them and they are only $12! She has all kinds of cute Christmas designs. Here is just a sample....... Check it out at www.ifyousaysew.com and look under "other gift ideas". (use the e-mail button on the top left to order)