2. Cincinnati Chili - which is not like the kind of Texas Chili I'm used to. This is like a meat sauce you put over spaghetti or hot dogs.
3. Scrapple - a mix of pork scraps, corn meal and flour. This is a mid-atlantic treat (Delaware, Maryland, NJ) I think this is a breakfast dish
4. Cheese curds - I didn't find a good explanation but they are eaten in MI, WI, MN and Canada
5. Pierogis - (I've actually heard of these but never had them) - Dumplings stuffed with varying ingredients
6. Tri Tip - a steak mostly found in CA (looks yummy!)
7. Goetta and Brats .....I know about Brats but not about Goetta (something similar)
And apparently y'all in the north (MN, ND) call casseroles "hot dishes". ha!
This was really fun to find out about different foods.
I will have to make Gumbo and Chocolate Gravy soon and post the recipes for all of you!
In the meantime - I'll just leave with you pictures of some Southern Sugar:
It's raining and BLEH here today so sweet girl was still in her PJ's and had some bed head crazy hair when I took these but she is still precious (to me!)