Thursday, March 26, 2020

The Bright Spots

Hello from self quarantine! There is not a lot to report but I'm still trying to keep a record from this time.  I haven't been taking a ton of pictures but I will share a little of what we are up to.  Monday it was rainy and cold and we mostly stayed home.  It was our first day of spring break.  Scott is still working from home and we are just taking it easy - sleeping late and just not being in a rush.  

Tuesday we woke up to more thunderstorms.  It was dreary and I just felt sad.  I have days where I feel hopeful and peaceful and days where I feel scared and hopeless.  I think it depends on how much time I spend on twitter and the news.  The sun came out around lunch time so we got out for a walk.  It was a beautiful day.  Some of our neighbors were outside sitting in their drive ways so we stopped and talked ( a good 12 feet away).  I was so happy to just see other humans.  I'm a people person.  I love being around people.  I love talking to people.  So I'm missing that.  

We drove through Sonic.  And then we drove around town a little.  There is SO much less traffic in town which feels weird and good at the same time.  We drove by Laurie's house and they came out.  We sat in the car and talked to them on the side walk.  I was so happy just to see them.  All of it did a world of good for me! 

Yesterday in the morning I got texts from my dad saying he thought he might get on a medical flight out.  Our senator's office called shortly after with some info.  They had been calling the embassy and helped him get the flight.  I was so grateful to them for helping us!  
Dad got a call at 3 p.m. his time from the embassy.  They told him if he could get there in an hour they would get him a seat on the plane.  The place where he is staying drove them but the car broke down a half mile away.  So he ran to the embassy and got his seat.  He had to get to the airport (which is closed down) at 10 p.m. and wait until the flight left at 4 a.m. outside the airport.  The whole thing is crazy but hopefully tonight he will be arriving in Washington D C.  

I had to get out in the morning to do a few things that didn't require contact with anyone and I had a gift card so I stopped by Onyx.  They set up a window with glass where you can walk up and order.  There was no one around and I could park right outside (which NEVER HAPPENS under normal circumstances) so it was a happy morning just to get some coffee! 

Yesterday was Scott's birthday.  I'm afraid it wasn't too exciting.  He worked from home all day.  The girls made him cards and a hat.  I picked up fajitas from Chuy's for dinner since we couldn't go out and a cake from Nothing Bundt cakes.  Both had curbside and it made it a little more like a party! 

A sweet friend sent me a box from Euna Mae's and it was such a fun lift in my day/week/month! 

Things are SO hard right now.  There is so much uncertainty.  We don't know what the next few weeks or months will look like.  I have found I just have to face it one day at a time.  And keep praying that God will provide and protect and draw me closer to Him.  

blog comments powered by Disqus