Last night a bunch of girls from our Sunday School class got together for a girls night at Laurie's house. We used to get together all the time for girls nights and play groups and as our kids have grown and we have all gotten busier - it seems to have really fallen to the side. AND we have a ton of new couples in our church and Laurie and I are on a mission to help them feel welcome and get to know other people in the church so we thought it would be fun to just eat and visit. And it was SO much fun. I love being with my friends.
Okay enough about me and my friends.............
Friday is SINGLES DAY!!!!!
I think you have heard by now but over the last few years of doing this - NINE couples are engaged or married. Three of those now have children! NINE. N-I-N-E!!! That blows my mind a little. I wrote a post a little while ago where five of those couple shared their stories - you might be interested to read: http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2012/07/five-love-stories.html
I need to get the other four to write out their stories so you can read those as well!!!
So "tell your friends, tell you momma, tell your brother, tell all the single people you know (ESPECIALLY MEN - we need MEN for this to work!)" - to come and check this out on Friday.
So here are the things to know: PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!
1. If you have a single friend, a single co-worker, a single family member or YOURSELF - write a blog post about them (or you) and include lots of pictures and a good TRUE description. When you link up - you will put their first name, age and state they live in.
2. I will get this question a lot - "I don't have a blog - how can I participate?" It is EXTREMELY easy to set up a blog (nothing fancy). So even if you don't blog - you could totally set up a blog with one post just for the purpose of participating. Then you can delete the whole thing. OR You can visit the posts and if you see one you are interested in - leave a comment with your info and tell a little about yourself. Hopefully you will hear something back.
3. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: God knows and has a plan for how you will meet your mate. Maybe it's here but more than likely it's not. If you post and no one leaves any comments - the last thing I want is for you to feel rejected. YOU ARE NOT!!! It will just be clear that your future spouse does not read my blog. ha! And if you comment on someone and don't hear back - DO NOT FEEL REJECTED. That is just not the person for you. I can't stand for anyone to feel rejected and I know how singleness can attack your self esteem (or maybe it was just me). That is not what is happening here.
4. This is also important - I have absolutely NO control over how many guys vs girls there are or what ages people are. I get emails complaining about ages or whatever and y'all - I have NO control!!!! I'm just praying for the best and that something amazing comes out of it.
5. If you meet, date, get engaged and get married - you are required to invite me. Bridesmaid is optional. (I'm totally kidding about this but I really hope you will let me know if anything happens. It encourages me and others to keep going with this!)
6. We get a LOT more single girls than guys posting which TOTALLY makes sense BUT remember - I doubt I have many single guys reading my blog unless someone directs them to check out the Singles day. So just don't be upset if you don't get a lot of response. The thing we need most is for people to share their single brothers/co-workers, BIL's, dad's, friends here. So if you know ANY single GOOD guys - please share them with us!!!
7. Questions? Leave a comment or email me (email@example.com). I"m the worst person in the world at email but I will try to help.