One thing I miss about working is the Annual Review. A time when you sit down and think about what you did good last year, what you could have improved on and Goals for the next year. So I thought today - I would put together my own personal Annual Review. (and maybe after reading it - Boss Man will give me a raise. ha ha ha!)
FIVE THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR IN 2009:
1. That I carried a baby to full term and even though her beginning was VERY hard and scary -
3. I'm thankful for both of our families and especially for how they supported us so much after her birth. We would have been lost without them. I'm thankful for how much they love our daughter. She has NO idea yet how lucky she is.
4. I say this a lot - but I'm SO thankful for our church family. I can never put into words how much they mean to us. I can't express to you how important it is to find a body of believers to join and to have fellowship and worship and to love and support one another!
5. I'm thankful that God never leaves us or forsakes us. I may not always understand what He is doing but I know He is always with me.
FIVE THINGS I WANT TO IMPROVE IN 2010:
1. I could be a lot better wife and mother (and Scott is saying "Amen!") I was a very rookie mom this year and I have to admit - I had a lot of hard days. It's a LOT harder than it looks. And there were days Scott came home and probably wish he hadn't of because I took it out on him. I just want to enjoy every moment with Harper this year and realized the days are long but the years are short. I want to focus on giving Scott more of my attention. He deserves it.
2. I want to be a better friend. I probably dropped the ball on a lot of my friends because I just felt up to my eyeballs most days this year. I want to do better at sending notes when I know friends need it. Or doing favors and not expecting one in return. I want to go back to having people over for dinner more often.
3. I want to be a better Christian. I want to spend more time with God. I neglected Him a lot this year. I loved and worshipped Him every day - but I didn't always spend time talking to Him or reading His word or trying to KNOW HIM more.
4. I want to be more healthy. Yes - I need to lose 20 pounds and I just can NOT put down the chick-fil-a and oreos. I want to exercise this year. I want to feel good about myself again.
5. I want to be a better daughter/DIL. Our families have done so much for us this year - I want to be better at doing for them and showing them I love them.
FIVE WAYS I WANT TO GIVE AND HELP OTHERS THIS YEAR:
1. I think the most important place your money should go is to your local church. Everything we have is God's and He deserves our first fruits as a sign of our faithfulness to Him. I want to give more than a tithe this year.
Malachi 3:10 says "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."
My life in the last couple of years is a testimony to that!
2. Obviously my new passion is COMPASSION. I want to do anything I can to help those children. I want to do good at writing our two children letters. I want to do more to help. And eventually at some point I want to go on another trip with them. A sponsor trip this time.
3. Our family has a heart for the Arkansas Baptist Children's Homes. This helps children in our own state who need love, a home, food, shelter, etc. I want to continue to help them and also the Promise House - home for teen moms. I'm hoping to send them a package SOON! On my side of the family this year we all gave what money we would have spent on each other and gave it to the ABCH. I hope this a tradition we can continue! My parents also did that for my first Mother's Day and it meant the world to me!
4. I want to do more random acts of kindness this year. Paying for a meal in a drive thru. Helping a mom struggling with several kids in a store. Sending a note when you know someone needs encouragement. Sending anonymous gifts. Lord - open my eyes to people who need help and direct me!
5. I want to earnestly spend more time in prayer for others.
What about you? What are your goals for 2010?