Today has been so full. I have seen hope, joy, and horrible poverty all in the same day and I am worn out. But I am so full of things I want to share with you. It may take me a while to get it all together so in the mean time - I just wanted to share a few pictures with you.
We spent most of the day at one of Compassion's projects visiting chidren. I loved these kids! They were SO precious. I'm pretty sure all 200 kids hugged me and kissed me more than once. The only bad thing today was the fact that I could not communicate with them very well. We had a few translators but I wasn't always near one so it was hard when the kids would speak Spanish to me and all I could say is "Mucho bueno?" or "Si!" But the international language of Hug seemed to work every time!
Seriously - my love tank was FULL today when I left from all the hugs and smiles I got!
Someone asked me what % of money actually goes to the children. 83% of money given to Compassion goes straight to help the children. Of course - the other 17% just goes to running the company - the offices all over the world. Charity Watch dog is an organization that checks charities and Compassion is the only U.S. company who has recieved the highest ratings for the last 7 years. We saw file cabinets yesterday with the records that blow my mind that are kept on every child and every penny spent. Compassion is the real deal. It is making a difference.
Tonight I will share stories of why I believe SO firmly in Compassion.
And you can read more here or on Heather's blog, Molly's blog, Keely's blog, Shaun's blog or Patricia's blog.
Thanks for going on this journey with me!