I'm afraid if you have clicked over here for excitement - you have come to the wrong place. Today we did pretty much nothing and it was wonderful. (But it doesn't make for a great blog post).
We have spent the day at our hotel today.
Just a few more pics. One of our favorite things to do every afternoon is to hit up Lappert's Ice cream. This is ice cream made in Hawaii and it is SO delicious. All the flavors have a hint of the tropics. My favorite is Kauai Pie - with fudge, macadamia nuts and coconut - YUM!
We are kind of tired and lazy tonight and have decided just to order in and hang out in our pj's instead of getting dressed up and just lay around and watch two of our favorite shows - "Gray's Anatomy" and "Lost". Sorry - no pics of this! :-)
I have decided I could definitely live here. There are just a few things I would miss if I did:
1. Sonic drinks - I have been DYING for a big route 44 diet coke. I mostly have drank water since I've been here. If you order cokes - you get a small little glass and free drink refills apparently don't exist in Hawaii. UGH!
2. Chili's chips and salsa - I could go for some right now.
3. Money - because we would be on welfare if we stayed here much longer. Everything is unbelievably expensive here. We have started to just laugh about it because we can't go over how crazy expensive everything is.
4. My friends and family - I would miss everyone too much
5. Our church - there are a few churches here - but none that look like ones we would want to join - mostly strange denominations. I don't see many Sunday School fellowships or church picnics or choir specials in our future if we stayed here.
6. Razorback football games. I would REALLY miss this. And I doubt we could see them much on TV. But on the other hand - if we could see them on TV and I could see the beach at the same time - I would live. ha!
7. Fall - I love fall. Leaves don't change here and sometimes I just want to wear sweaters and boots as much as I hate cold weather.
8. I seem to be allergic to Kauai. I have sneezed my head off since I got here and one of my eyes is almost completely swollen shut. It has been so red and itchy for days - another reason to stay in tonight. I'm in my glasses with a bottle of visine right next to me. :-)
Maybe we'll just come visit A LOT!